Friday, January 27, 2012

The Beginning of an Adventure


This is something new to me.  My very first Blog Post.  I thought I'd start blogging my adventures so I can remember them when my preschoolders are teenagers.
Life is always interesting around the Quillen household.  Nathan age 4 and Abby age 2 are always on the go and love to romp and run.
Our Living Room is only used on weekday mornings for sleepy kids to watch cartoons while Mommy gets ready for the day and out the door in a timely manner.  It has started to become their little playground while Mommy is busy trying to get dinner ready after a long day at work.  A perfectly filled play room awaits them down stairs filled with more toys than a 4 year old and 2 year old need but who needs toys when you can have an obstacle course in your living room? Low Couches to climb over and jump off.  A big floor to roll around on and wrestle, and a Big Comfy Chair that's perfect for climbing.  Of course, don't mind the fact that Mom tells us to stop climbing on the furniture more times than we can count on any given night.  
So, last week was a week of breaking things.  A Tall Floor Lamp was the first victim.  All by it's lonesome in a corner of this room that is normally unoccupied the massacre began.  2 kids romping and playing and down the lamp goes with a glass shade.  Of course it had to land on the Brick Fire Place and shatter across the living room.  2 kids with barefeet and mom with dinner on the stove.  That was a fun cleanup!
The next night a 2 year old gone wild runs up to a table in that same room and knocks over a table lamp.  All that broke on that one was the bulb.  
Next Night was the kicker.  My all time favorite Shark Sweeper Vacuum.  It's the best sweeper vacuum I'ver ever owned and it's used on a daily basis.  Nathan loves sweeping with it and somehow managed to break the handle off while "helping" mommy clean.  Needless to say, I know what I'm getting for my Birthday.  
So, that's just a taste of a Week in the Quillen House.  I'm sure there will be lots of adventures to be had in the year 2012.  Nathan will turn 5 and Abby 3 and we are planning our first Family Vacation in an actual vacation spot and not just visiting family.


I hope you'll enjoy our journey along with us as this beginner blogger sets out on an adventure!

1 comment:

  1. They are such sweet kiddos :) I love them both! :) Great first entry! I am sorry about the massacre though! I hope you end up getting a new sweeper!

    ReplyDelete